Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I'm Having tooo Much Fun!



In this summer semester, I'm taking a history course! So far, it is interesting because Canadian professor is teaching Asia - Canada history.   I learned the basic Japanese history in my middle school, and I ... I kinda liked my history classes, but I wasn't good at memorizing which meant that my grade for the history class was not THAT great. LOL  (Still .. I tried hard on it tho. ) So in Canadian high school, I really tried to avoid taking Canadian history course because I thought I had to memorize so many new words in English, and probably I would fail the course anyways.  Hooowever, I'm taking a history class now because... well there are two reasons. First, everyone says, "It is a GPA BOOSTER course." I really needed to take that kind of course, since my GPA is very low. (More than 2, but less than 3:( ) You know... I really want to graduate from the Canadian university, and get the degree in Canada.  Second, I'm from Japan (as you know), and I kind of want to know what the history of Japan and Canada is, since I'm staying in Canada for about 4 years. The professor was in Japan for three years to teach English for elementary school students. Yes, he is funny, and I believe he is also good at teaching history because the way he teaches history of Japan is different and more interesting than my history teacher in the middle school, and very different than the textbook!!  Or probably I get a bit older and I understand some of the complexities in Japan, and (I'm not good at it, but ) I'm able to make a connection between the historical problem and recent problem in Japan such as isolation(SAKOKU) and globalization. You know.. before Japan was isolated from the world except they allow some trades between specific countries, but nowadays, Japanese think that they should be more out going, or be able to speak in English because of business or so many reasons behind. So the question is that, how Japanese changed like this? Well it could be ..., I'm gonna stop here because I feel like I can write an essay about this. ( or probably it's too broad.. WHO KNOWS?! LOL )) Anyway, if I have to rate this history professor, for now, he is 5 out of 5. Haha, yes you are right. Rate My Professor is one of my favorite website !


No comments:

Post a Comment